M10KD-20 Gearless Dual-Axis Gas Station Tracker
is Mechatron’s new model within its “beetle” product series. It is built with the same rigid enforcement, strength and advanced hydraulic motion as the other products of that series but has the technological advantage to function as a canopy structure for gas stations producing advanced energy yielding at the lowest price and fastest payback time while providing shade for the vehicles driving and parking at gas station dispensers underneath its massive platform. This product is a unique combination of a dual-axis tracking system and parking shade structure ideal for medium and large size gas stations.
A technological marvel inspired by nature
The design of the M10KD-20 Gearless Dual-Axis Tracker structure is inspired by the beetle’s exoskeleton, known for its superior strength to weight ratio. The structure is a combination of an elliptical tube design (similar to the wing of a wind turbine) and a simple lattice structure, which holds the PV panels.
The elliptical tube provides superior rigid enforcement and strength while the lattice structure transfers the structural load safely. This also makes for higher structural rigidity, better panel alignment and longer life.
A patented zero-backlash drive mechanism allows for smooth movement and operation. Its continuous slip capability under strong winds keeps the drive mechanism extremely robust and capable of surviving even hurricane conditions
The tracking system motion of the M10KD-20 Gearless Dual-Axis Tracker is based on the accuracy of the astronomical algorithm. This makes for maximum solar radiation intake even when it is cloudy, better quality and up to 40%-60% greater energy production compared to fixed tilt solar canopies, ensuring greater benefit per unit of installed capacity in comparison to conventional systems.
“Plug and Play”
The installation of M10KD-20 is quick and easy with the highest degree of standardization (plug & play). All work takes place on location, no need to hire experts. The photovoltaic panels are clipped on purlins with the mechgrip™ clamp, which is Mechatron Solar’s exclusive design providing anti-theft protection.
Each system operates independently and undergoes extensive testing prior to delivery to ensure conformity to Mechatron’s operating specifications.
The M10KD-20 Gearless Dual-Axis Tracker
has been designed keeping in mind the optimization of the logistics and parts that go into it so that the installation and maintenance are easy and the transport costs kept to a minimum.
- Dual axis tracking system
- A rectangular geometry frame with available surface of 1.000 f2
- PV modules per unit up to 20kW
- 360° of azimuthal motion range
- 0-20° elevation motion range for frame
- Foundation on an over-ground gravitational base with 9’-13’ pile or pole mounting
- Solution of an astronomical algorithm for tracking the sun’s position
- Autonomous control unit
- Full monitoring in real time through Mechatron’s cloud telemetry app
- Wind speed sensor
- Automatic horizontal frame levelling in extreme weather conditions and during power cuts
- Protection of electronic systems through surge protection devices at all input-output points
- Systems designed according to Eurocode 3 and UL 3703
- Hot-dip galvanized steel elements
- Compatibility with all photovoltaic module types
- Photovoltaic panels are placed and secured with the use of the special Mechgrip™ clamp
- Inherent anti-theft protection
Hydraulic Motion Mechanism
- Zero backlash
- Overload protection
- No wear and tear parts
- No precision parts